Since 2001, we have led the efforts to improve the tennis scene in San Diego. We have been at the forefront of nearly every major public tennis court reparation in our community.
The Greater San Diego City Tennis Council is a 501-C3 charitable organization whose mission is to repair and resurface public tennis courts within San Diego County. We rely on the generosity of private donors, foundations, corporations and other entities to support our endeavors.
PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE
- Since its creation in 2001 the GSDC has fixed over 200 courts in San Diego.
- Between 2015 and 2016 we will have renovated about 40 tennis courts.
- We grant support to locations where there are established tennis programs on site as well as public access to them.
- We want to see youth in tennis courts, not in judicial courts. Our principal targets are those at risk communities.
- The Tennis Council supports the USTA, the SCTA, the SDDTA and the YTSD in their programs and in growing the game with youth and adults.